Full Mouth Dental Implants
Are you missing most of your teeth? Are the few teeth that you have left in bad condition? If so, full mouth dental implants are the perfect way to replace missing natural teeth or those in bad condition due to tooth decay or damage. At TLC Family Dentistry in Huntington Beach, Dr. Navid Nobahar, DDS, MS, specializes in full-mouth dental implant restorations that give our patients something to smile about!
What are full-mouth dental implants?
When you are missing most or all of your teeth, full mouth dental implants can replace your teeth, along with some of their roots. During a full mouth dental implant procedure, Dr. Navid places multiple implants– usually four to eight per arch– that are then used to support a fixed bridge or fixed dentures (overdenture).
Unlike other types of traditional tooth restorations, like bridges and dentures, the replacement teeth look, feel, and function just like natural teeth. Full mouth dental implants also have a high success rate and will last for 15+ years with proper care and follow-up checkups.
As newer, more advanced versions of full mouth dental implants, All-on-4 and All-on-6 implants eliminate the need to place separate implants for each individual replacement tooth. At TLC Family Dentistry, our full mouth dental implants before and after pictures speak for themselves!
Full mouth dental implants process
- Digital X-Rays and impressions of your upper and lower jaws will be taken, along with a bite registration and possibly a CT scan. Dr. Navid will then use computer-aided design (CAD) technology to process all your information so that he will know precisely where to place your implants. The CAD mockup is also used to create a surgical stent.
- During your next visit, Dr. Navid will complete your dental implant placement surgery. The surgical process may slightly differ depending on the type of implant used, for example, one-day vs. two-stage:
One-day (Same-Day) dental implants – During this procedure, the placements of both the implant and abutment are all done in one step. The downside to a same-day procedure is that special care while biting must be taken afterward to prevent implant slippage.
Two-stage – During this procedure, Dr. Navid first places the implant. After the placement, the area is sutured, covered with overlying gums (flap), and allowed to heal for up to 6 weeks. Once the area is completely healed, the implant is then re-exposed
through an incision so the abutment can be placed.
- The implants are then given a chance to fuse with the adjacent bone (osseointegration) for a period of 2 to 3 months. During that time, Dr. Navid will recheck your CAD mockup and make any necessary adjustments. Your overdentures will also be created, a process that may require several office visits to validate the accuracy of the manufacturing process.
- Once everything is ready, Dr. Basti will attach your overdentures to the implants. Before you leave, one of our team members will give you aftercare instructions for your new implants.
- To ensure optimal implant performance and longevity, Dr. Basti will want to recheck your implants every six months. Regular dental cleanings and checkups are also highly recommended.
Why they are a good choice
Full mouth dental implants offer these patient benefits over traditional dentures and bridges:
- Look, feel, and perform like natural teeth
- Ease-of-chewing for all types of foods
- Help prevent bone loss
- Improved durability and longevity
- Exceptional comfort and convenience
- Don’t interfere with speaking
- More natural facial appearance
Full mouth dental implants cost
A single-tooth dental implant will typically cost between $1,500 and $6,000 per implant. However, that figure does not include the surgery itself or any other procedure that’s needed, like bone shaping or a tooth extraction.
The cost of traditional (two-stage) full mouth dental implants averages roughly $25,000, although the actual price can be anywhere from $3,500 to $30,000 or more depending on factors that include materials. Newer All-on-4 implants cost anywhere between $20,000 and $35,000 per arch, while same-day full-arch dental implants run upwards of $30,000 or more.
Give us a call today
TLC Family Dentistry is one of the premier dental practices in Southern California. As such, our team is committed to providing the best dental implants in Huntington Beach so you can always smile with confidence. To learn more about full mouth dental implants or schedule a dental implant consultation with Dr. Basti or Dr. Navid, contact us today!