Just because you have the tools to do something yourself, doesn’t always mean you should. Things can go wrong, and they do. You probably know – or have seen – someone who has had an unfortunate interlude with boxed hair coloring. They look more like they lost a bet rather than made an innocent attempt at covering the gray. And, if you’re not careful, self-whitening can leave you looking like you’ve woken on the wrong side of a bet, too.
There’s far more to teeth whitening than just a timer and gel. If not done properly, there can be pain and permanent discoloration – and you can’t grow back your teeth in two weeks like a lemon shark. But your dentist has the expertise and professional-grade products to ensure your whitening is pain-free with a smile as smooth and bright as new porcelain.
So, what can go wrong when taking on whitening yourself?
Download our Free E-Book:
The White Stuff – Dentist vs. Do-It-Yourself Whitening
The advantages of your dentist doing your whitening are significant. Learn what can go wrong in a do-it-your-self session and why your dentist is the best whitening choice.
What you will learn:
- How over-bleaching can lead to permanent discoloration
- How over-the-counter whiteners can leave you with spotted teeth
- How the dentist can prevent common tooth sensitivity that comes with whitening
- How the dentist can ensure your gums are not damaged by the bleach
- How professional whitening can be more economical than over-the-counter whitening